We're now carrying Brown Sheep yarns and Cascade 220 Superwash yarn. Give us a call or come on in to check them out!
And in other news:
Coats for Kids - Other Items Needed
Mississippi Bend AEA donation box: Everything donated goes to kids in Scott County schools.
"The Coats for Kids program distributes warm winter coats to local students in grades preschool through high school who are in need of such coats. Slightly used coats are donated by individuals and through varous school coat drives. Before distribution, the coats are first cleaned by Burke Cleaners. Over 1600 coats were distributed last year."
They are requesting warm scarves, hats or mittens from knitters with a little idle needle time. There is a drop off box located inside The Yarn Shoppe.
Any scarves, mittens or hats will be appreciated.
Knitter's Must Stash Club
Also known as the "Mustash Club" for short!
Come in and create a "wish list" to be kept at The Yarn Shoppe so that any friends or family can surprise you at any time of the year with a gift of yarn, needles or notions.
What you do:
1. Come in and pick out the yarn, the number balls or yardage in that yarn. You can also choose patterns or notions we have in the shop. Basically, anything that you'd really like to have in your personal stash.
2. Fill out a card with your name and items on it.
3. Let friends/family know that you have a card here at the shoppe.
What your friends and family do:
1. Call or come in for item(s) on your list.
2. Pay for the item(s) when they call or they can pay in-person.
3. They can come in and pick up the surprise for you or they can have me call you and give you the happy news that there's a surprise waiting for you in the shoppe!